- No anaesthesia required
CRISTAL® CRYOLIPOLYSIS TREATMENT
CRISTAL® cryolipolysis treatment uses a cooling process to naturally eliminate targeted fat cells. During the treatment the fat cells are destroyed. It is intended for use on people with small areas of excess, localised fat.
WHAT IS CRYOLIPOLYSIS?
- Cryolipolysis is the crystallisation of adipose cells which are fat cells located under the dermis (the second layer of skin found beneath the epidermis)
- CRISTAL is a hand held device which works by using a controlled application of cooling to initiate apoptosis i.e. the process where fat cells self-destruct.
- The body will naturally rid itself of the crystallised fat cells over a 6 to 8 week period. This helps the patient to reduce stubborn areas of fat.
WHAT DOES THE TREATMENT INVOLVE?
CRISTAL® cryolipolysis treatment steps:
- The first step is to discuss the treatment, then measure and outline the required area you wish to be targeted.
- A protective gel is applied.
- Next, a cloth is placed directly over the gel, completely covering the treatment area.
- The CRISTAL hand-piece is placed on the cloth over the treatment area and once comfortable suction begins. You will initially feel the vacuum take the skin into the applicator but as cooling starts the area will numb. The cooling period lasts 60 minutes, during which you will be able to relax, read or listen to music.
- When the cooling stage is complete, the applicator will be removed and the area is massaged.
- Fat cells freeze at a lower temperature so other cells are not damaged by the treatment.
- The CRISTAL® is manufactured in France, is CE certified and meets European medical device health and safety requirements.
EACH PATIENT WILL BE INDIVIDUALLY ASSESSED FOR SUITABILITY.
The London Dermatology CentreTM has a variety of different applicators, which are shaped to suit different areas of the body.
- Love handles
- Saddle bags