REJUVENATING YOUR SKIN IN A SAFE AND NATURAL WAY.
- 100 % natural procedure.
- No animal products.
- No foreign material.
- No risk of asymmetry.
- No risk of allergy.
- Can be used on all skin types.
WHAT IS PLATELET RICH PLASMA?
Blood contains platelets; these platelets are tiny cells which help your body to repair. The platelets have growth factors on the surface of the cells which stimulate collagen production. In PRP treatment the patients own platelets are injected into the area they would like treated. The treatment is explained in more detail below.
WHAT CAN PRP TREATMENT BE USED FOR?
PRP has a variety of uses in different medical fields.
- Cardiac surgery
- Wound care
- Sports medicine
- General surgery
THE LDC OFFERS, WHERE APPROPRIATE, PRP TREATMENT TO HELP IN THE FOLLOWING AREAS:
- Skin rejuvenation.
- Hair loss treatment.
- Anti-Aging treatment.
- Post laser.
WHAT IS INVOLVED?
- After the consultation the clinician or their assistant will take your blood.
- The vial is placed in a centrifuge and spun very fast causing the platelet rich plasma to separate from the other blood cells.
- The clinician will then inject this platelet rich plasma into, and around, the area you wish to be treated.
- Initially you will see swelling from the fluid. Skin tone and texture should noticeably improve within three weeks but collagen regeneration takes roughly three months.
- This is because over the weeks the platelets will release the growth factors and pre stem cells which assist in developing more collagen.
WHY USE PRP?
- PRP can be used anywhere on the body.
- PRP can be used in conjunction with other treatments.
- As PRP involves using your own blood there are minimal risks of adverse reactions, rejection or complications.
- Research has shown this to be a very efficient treatment with minimal side effects.
- Possible side effects include minimal swelling, bruising and redness for 12-24 hours and minor bruising around needle sites can be present for a few days.
- The procedure only takes 30 - 45 minutes.
HOW MANY TREATMENTS ARE NEEDED?
- Each person’s body reacts differently to any treatment which means that responses to treatments vary. On average people have between 1-3 sessions.
- Each appointment is 4-6 weeks apart.
- Your clinician will advise you on how many treatments are needed dependant on your requirements and skin type. There is no limit to the number of PRP treatments you can have but on average results last up to 18 months. Touch-up treatments will maintain the results.